Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The breast centre is part of Mediclinic’s comprehensive cancer centre and provides diagnostic, imaging and treatment service for patients from the start to the completion of their journey.
The role will provide advanced clinical care within the Breast Care Unit; supporting the functioning of the unit through the application of best practice, education, team work and a patient and family centered model of care.
- A minimum of 3-5 years post graduate relevant experience in Breast Care Unit
- Bachelor of Science OR Diploma in Nursing with a minimum of 3 years duration excluding the Midwifery course from a recognized Nursing Institute
- Certificate in Breast Care Course will be highly regarded.
- Active Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulations (DHCR) eligibility or license is a definite advantage
- Proof of valid registration as a Registered Nurse from home country, and a valid international health regulatory license from the relevant jurisdiction if one works outside their home country
- Familiarity with the following equipment will be a plus – Digital mammogram and tomosynthesis; Breast ultrasound and elastography
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified or ACLS.
- Accreditation experience will be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Hospital Information System will be noted
- Can function effectively under pressure in a fast paced setting
- Experience in International Triage system in Emergency setting
- Can work independently within a team framework
- Fluency in written and spoken English and knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage
- Strong service culture orientation. At ease functioning in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to observe, assess, report and document all patients treatment and response to treatment
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and adjust specialized medical equipment used in the care and treatment of patients in the department
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to provide emotional and psychological support to patients and families whilst caring for the patient
- Should be total Patient/Client care rendered
- Stock / equipment managed and controlled
- Mutually beneficial relationships are built and maintained with colleagues and multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure patient records meet legal requirements and are done according to Mediclinic standards and accreditation requirements