Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
American Hospital Dubai is a private healthcare facility providing American standard healthcare to the UAE/Gulf states, through comprehensive primary, secondary and selected tertiary care services.
American Board Certified (or equivalent) practicing physicians deliver high quality care with a commitment to promoting a healthy lifestyle, preventing illness, restoring health, and alleviating suffering.
The Hospital is adding new services and facilities, transforming it into a 344-bed facility, and providing the latest medical technology innovations, equipment, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
American Hospital Dubai was the first in the region to be awarded JCI accreditation and continues to maintain its accredited status.
The Chief Nursing Officer is accountable and responsible for assuring effective planning, organizing, directing evaluating and administration of the In-Patient Division of Nursing Services extended to other non-nursing patient care areas as defined/directed by the Chief Executive Officer. Also includes implementation of the department’s philosophy and goals, standards for nursing practice and the management and development of nursing personnel in accordance with JCI guidelines and standards. The Chief Nursing Officer will serve as the primary resource in assuring the delivery of high quality, cost effective nursing care for patient populations served by the Hospital.
- Chairs the Hospital Nursing Professional Practice Council (NPPC).
- Responsible for direct In-Patient Nursing care provided in the hospital.
- Participates in the development of overall direction and policies for the healthcare organization based on the health needs of the community.
- Develop and implement an efficient discharge process.
- Develop a nursing master staffing plan using input from the unit level nursing personnel plans.
- Determine and communicate resources needed for the nursing department to carry out its functions and submit reports as required.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate a Nursing Personnel Management Program.
- Supervise and develop Head Nurses and Nursing Supervisors, particularly in regard to ensuring the attainment and maintenance of optimum competency levels.
- Hold regular meetings with Head Nurses/Supervisors individually and collectively.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in nursing in-service training.
- Involved in executive rounds with the CMO and the COO to in-patient care areas.
- Oversee the development and timely revision of nursing procedures to enhance quality of care.
- Plan and evaluate clinical competency of nurses periodically.
- Provide support required for quality management and improvement activities.
- Western educated and trained
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree & Master’s Degree Essential
- Current nursing license in home country Demonstrated leadership / managerial abilities
- Master Degree in Health Administration is an advantage.
- Minimum of 8-10 years post-graduate experience (preferably varied clinical background) including 3-5 years as Director of Nursing
- Legal/Risk Management/Compliance and Quality Assurance/Utilization/ Strong knowledge of Financial management