Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The Consultant- Laboratory and Pathology is responsible for providing services to the Laboratory and Pathology in accordance with Nation Hospital policy and contractual obligations.
The Consultant Physician is responsible for leading and supervising the delivery of high quality evidenced based care; effectively and efficiently in diagnosing and managing all patients placed under the post holder’s care.
The Consultant Physician is expected to be an example of clinical excellence within his/ her specialty and to provide leadership and training for specialist medical staff.
- Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Lead and implement the organization’s performance management systems, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review processes.
- Lead in the organization’s performance management system, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review processes.
- Lead with scheduling and supports other physicians & technicians in ensuring that adequate coverage is provided within the department at all times.
- Chairs departmental meetings as required.
- Lead in recruitment of new medical staff when appropriate.
- Assumes other administrative or clinical duties as requested by the Chief/ Deputy Medical Officer.
- To take responsibility for the management of laboratory and pathology specimens with under his/ her care or under multidisciplinary care.
- Oversees the activities of the consultants, specialists and technical staff and assumes responsibility for the work they provide.
- Complies with all established hospital policies regarding laboratory functions including a routine documented schedule of quality control and quality assurance.
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organizations’ resources.
- Establishes and implements written operating prcoedures and protocols that are in compliance with international standards for HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis B and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure.
- Obtains and processes specimens, performs tests, interpret and reports results.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Liaises with other medical specialities and support services for additional input as required.
- Actively participates in multi- disciplinary meetings to help plan effective, safe, and holistic care for individual patients.
- Ensures preparation of patients for all procedures including obtaining informed consent.
- Assist with the development of major incident plans and related work.
- Participates in and ensures the provision of out of hours (on call) coverage on a rotational basis, including evenings, weekends, and public holidays as required.
- Respect confidentiality and patient privacy, make sure that patients are not being exploited in cases such as invasion of privacy.
- Is aware of ethical and legal issues which arise during patient care.
- Maintains a good working relationship with members of the staff and promotes collaboration and a team- based approach to patient care.
- Demonstrate technical skills in hands-on procedures.
- Supports and actively participates in JCI accreditation of the hospital.
- Use the concept of “Critical Thinking” during the process of medical decision making. Document medical services in a way that satisfies the requirements of third party payers (health insurers) and allows the transformation (coding) to Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPTs).
- Completion of a medical school program and received an M.D.
- Completion of a residency program with rotation in all subspecialties of Laboratory and Pathology. Board certification in Laboratory and Pathology Medicine.
- According to the HAAD PQR 2014 being classified Tier 1 and having 2 years of experience post qualification or being classified Tier 2 and having 5 years of experience post qualification.
- Fulfillment of educational and training requirements of Health Authority Abu Dhabi HAAD on a yearly basis.