Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Gulf Diagnostic Center Hospital
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Experience: 5 years post qualification experience in all fields of Urology including trauma.
- Education Level: Graduate of a recognized medical school and approved specialty training in Urologist. (UK or USA education preferred)
- Responsible for the delivery of the highest possible standards of patient centered care during Urology treatment.
- Practices Urology, providing routine and emergency diagnostic and therapeutic care to all adult patients.
- Provides patients with Urology care, including diagnosis, peri and post-operative care for all major and minor operative procedures. Ensures compliance with internationally accepted standards of practice by Urology service and initiates and implements clinical audit programmes to monitor such care and standards.
- Is responsible for the effective management and development of the department staff, and the maintenance of the physical environment and resources.
- This position shares administrative responsibilities for the professional activities of the Urology Area.
- Participate or supervise the peri-operative care of patients.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the care of the Urology patient and such procedures which may be deemed necessary, ensuring that the patient has a full and informed explanation of the procedures planned, in order to give his/her consent.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and participate in the pre-, peri- and post-operative care of the patient
- Masters all aspects of general Urology care but may develop an area of special interest which may occupy a bigger percentage of his/her practice.
- Ensures accurate, concise and contemporaneous medical records using the appropriate Hospital Information System, and meeting legal requirements for hard copy of selected documents.
- Is required to provide coverage on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, holidays and weekends and vacation periods, without payment or time off in lieu for such coverage.
- Consults with, and acts as specialist to other members of the medical staff regarding problem cases.
- Acts as Urology assistant to, and receives Urology assistance from other Specialists in major Urology procedures as requested or as required by hospital policy.
- English essential, Arabic desirable.
- Recommendation from training and practice contact must be reviewed and found to be satisfactory.
- Must hold valid HAAD license (GDCH) to practice Consultant/Specialist Urologist.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi