The National Health Insurance Company – Daman is the region’s leading specialised health insurer, providing comprehensive health insurance solutions to more than 2.8 million members in the UAE.
Over the years, the company has been the partner of choice for a number of the country’s most prominent organisations and multinational companies in various industries including oil and gas, aerospace, energy, construction, investments and media.
Daman is a public joint-stock company that is 80% owned by the Abu Dhabi Government with the remaining 20% owned by Munich Re. The company is backed by the reliable support of the Abu Dhabi Government and its strategic partner, Munich Re, one of the world’s leading reinsurers, plays an important role as both reinsurer and a valuable source for knowledge transfer.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi and established in 2006, Daman offers a range of health insurance plans for both individuals and organisations and exclusively manages the Government’s health programme – Thiqa – for UAE Nationals and Abu Dhabi Basic Plan – for low income expatriates. Members enjoy access to the largest healthcare providers’ network in the UAE and an extensive international network of over 45 countries.