Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Continuously adhere to Al Noor Hospital Dress Code and Grooming Policy for medical professionals.
- Effectively follow the Department and Hospital Policies & Procedures and Quality Standards.
- Actively participate in other relevant activities as advised by Head of the Department/Medical Director.
- Consistently adhere to Department’s duty schedule and on-call schedule.
- Adhere to the organizations code of ethics and by-laws
- Respect and implement patient and family rights.
- Adhere to Infection Control and Health and Safety measures.
- Be actively involved in the quality improvement activities within the Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English language; knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
- Able to effectively work under pressure.
- Able to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- HAAD License as Dental Assistant
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi