Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries of musculoskeletal system by surgical and conservative means and application of corrective mechanical devices.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Examines patients and determines x-ray examinations and clinical laboratory tests required. Interprets test results and evaluates examination findings.
- Determines procedures for preoperative and postoperative care such as administering sedatives, prescribing diets, and preparing operative area of patients.
- Applies surgical procedures and coordinates operation with anesthesiologist.
- Reduces and immobilizes fractures by open or closed methods, using such corrective devices as braces, casts, and splints.
- Administers and prescribes such conservative measures of treatment as antibiotics, drugs, and compresses. Treats patients suffering from surgical shock, postoperative hemorrhage, and other complications.
- Manages orthopedic surgery services.
- Formulates plans and procedures for orthopedic surgery services.
- Schedules operations and assigns surgeons, nurses, and medical technicians.
- Directs nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and operating room techniques.
- Advises on kind and quantity of orthopedic supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates orthopedic surgery services with other medical activities. Instructs interns and residents in orthopedic surgery procedures.
- Serves as consultant on orthopedics.
- Arabic speaking is preferred.