Consultant ENT, Head & Neck Surgeon
Dr. Alwaa acquired his master’s degree in medicine from Damascus School of Medicine, Syria and achieved specialized ENT certification and Post Graduate studies in Otorhinolaryngology from Ministry of Health and Ministry of Higher Education, Damascus, Syria respectively.
He also completed his fellowship in ENT from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
Dr. Alwaa is an ENT consultant with 25 years of experience. He acquired his advanced surgical training in ENT Head & Neck Surgery. He has experience in dealing with routine and complicated surgical cases, as well as paediatric otolaryngology.
He regularly performs routine ENT operative procedures such as tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, septal surgery, aero-digestive tract endoscopies, microlaryngoscopy, microsurgery of the ear and larynx, endoscopic sinus surgery as well as cancer surgery of the head and neck.
Dr. Alwaa has acquired extensive experience and training during his long 18 years of association with various prestigious hospitals in UK.
He published many times in numerous medical journals and has attended many international conferences, meetings and workshop
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Diagnosis and management of Paediatric and Adult ENT diseases.
- Nasal blockage, sinusitis and facial pain
- Endoscopic para-nasal sinuses surgery
- Facial plastic surgery and Rhinoplasty
- Laser Assisted Surgery
- Snoring and sleep apnoea and other sleep related problems
- Tonsillitis, sore throats and tonsil stones
- Hearing loss, ear infections, tinnitus and dizziness. Bone anchored hearing aids.
- Hoarseness and other throat symptoms
- Ear Microsurgery