Senior Specialist Pediatrician and Neonatologist
MBBS, MRCPCH (UK), MD, DCH
Dr. Ahmed Manzoor earned his medical degree from Gulbarga University, Karnataka, India and later obtained his Diploma in Child Health (DCH) from College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay. He did his postgraduate (M.D) Pediatrics from University of Seychelles American Institute of Medicine and later went on to obtain his membership (MRCPH)from the prestigious Royal College of Pediatrics and Child health, UK.
Dr. Manzoor is an experienced paediatrician and neonatologist, capable of diagnosing and treating babies and children in both emergency and non-emergency situations.He completed his Pediatrics and Neonatology residency training from Maternityand Children Hospital,Al-Hasa, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, during which he was acknowledged as the Best Pediatric Resident Doctor.
Prior to joining UHS in 2011, he worked as a Specialist Pediatricianin Fujairah Hospital, a tertiary care and referral centre for specialized paediatric care including intensive and neonatal care.
Apart from his clinical responsibilities as paediatrician and neonatologist, Dr. Manzoor is actively involved as a member of the Continuing Medical Education Committee wherein he organizes lectures and training for various local and regional conferences and workshops.
Academically he is associated as an Honorary Clinical Lecturer of Pediatrics – College of Medicine in University of Sharjah.
Dr. Manzoor has published and presented his work in various national and international forums. He is accredited and certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). He is also an EPLS and NLS instructor for resuscitation courses of resuscitation council of UK
1. Resuscitation of the Newborn.
2. Peripheral and Central Line Insertion (UAC, UVC, Femoral Vein)
3. Peripherally inserted central venous catheterization (PICC).
4. Lumbar Puncture
5. Exchange Transfusions
6. Intubation and Mechanical-Ventilation Management (Invasive and Non-invasive including HFOV)
7. Initiation of Nitric Oxide Therapy
8. Chest Tube Insertion for Pneumothorax and Pleural Effusion
9. Giving Intra-thecal medications
10. Bone Marrow aspiration and biopsy
11. Pleaural, ascetic and Pericardial tapping