FRCPCH (UK), MRCP (UK), MCPS (PAK), MBBS (PAK)
Senior Consultant Pediatrician
Dr. Anwar studied medicine at the King Edward Medical College (Lahore, Pakistan) and earned his membership in Pediatrics from the prestigious College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (MCPS) and Royal Colleges of Physicians, UK (MRCP). He has also obtained certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from the American Heart Association and Diarrheal Disease Control Center of WHO.
Dr. Anwar has spoken at numerous international and national symposia in various disciplines of pediatrics and has authored a number of pediatric publications.
Dr. Anwar has been practicing pediatrics for more than 39 years. He was previously the Senior Consultant and Head of Pediatrics at Al Qassimi Hospital (Sharjah). Before relocating to UAE, he served as the Head of the Pediatric Intensive Care and the Pediatric Special Care Units as well as the Head of the Pediatric Nephrology Unit at a tertiary care teaching hospital affiliated with King Abdul Aziz University and Ministry of Health in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Anwar is a fellow of Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK (FRCPCH). He has a valuable experience of managing all common pediatric problems.
His areas of special interest include:
- Pediatric vaccination, Pediatric Infections including Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Infections
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Assessment of Growth and Development of Children
- Vitamin D Deficiency Problems
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Management of Pediatric Seizures pediatric epilepsy,
- Pediatric Critical Care, Critical Care and Mechanical Ventilation (High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation, Conventional, Invasive, Non-invasive Pediatric and Neonatal Ventilation)