Master’s Degree in Ophthalmology
Consultant Ophthalmologist, Anterior Segment and Pediatric Surgeon
Dr. Qasem Alhammouri graduated from Faculty of Medicince, University of Jordan and later completed his German board fellowships in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismology from University of Giessen, Germany.
He is member of Jordanian medical association, Jordan society of Ophthalmologist and International council of ophthalmology (UK).
Dr. Qasem Alhammouri has acquired 20 years of experience in general and anterior segment ophthalmology with high volume clinical and surgical work. He was also associated with Prince Rashid Military Hospital in Jordan as Chief of Ophthalmology.
Comprehensive experience in the diagnosis and management of anterior segment disease and pediatric cases beside management of diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma. Performed 5000 cataract surgeries (Extracapsular cataract extraction and Phaco) and 700 squint surgeries till date. Has also performed 300 eye trauma surgeries (globe repture) and has the expertise in using different ophthalmic laser machines (argon, yag and diode).
1. Cataract cases of different types
2. Diabetic retinopathy including laser management and intraocular injections
3. Different anterior segment diseases (eye lid lesions, dry eye and medical management of different corneal diseases.
4. Medical management of glaucoma cases
5. Management of pediatric and adult squint cases
6. Management of different types of ocular trauma