Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
HAAD -SHEA GROUP HOSPITAL
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Experience: 5 - 25 years
- Education Level: Basic - MBBS ( Medicine ) , PG - Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in Accident and Emergency.
- Providing oversight of all administrative aspects of the department
- Providing management support to the department.
- Providing Accident and Emergency services to patients presenting at the department, according to current best-evidence based standards
- Participating equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participating in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff, and other professional staff
- Conducting clinical audits in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participating in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the department’s service, and the ongoing development of the hospital
- Education – basic medical degree recognized by Health Authority of Abu Dhabi http://www.haad.ae
- Completion of a recognized higher professional education programmed
- Certification of higher professional education recognized by Health Authority of Abu Dhabi : DM, MCh,MD or Equivalent recognized by the HAAD.
- Current certification in ATLS, ACLS and APLS.
- Minimum of five years experience gained after achieving the higher qualification
- Experience in a similar capacity as Head of the Department will be an advantage
- Three years experience as a Consultant in a Western hospital setting is preferred. Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education
- Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of Accident and Emergency medicine, including managing the care of both adult and pediatric patients.
- Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff. Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital
- Publication in peer reviewed journals is desirable.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the department’s service, and the hospital, to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of Accident and Emergency medicine.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi