Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Executive Director – MCS
Adecco Middle East
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Experience: Min: 10 Years Max: 20 Years
- Education Level: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
Lead and own delivery of the organizational corporate communications encompassing all company initiatives. Advocate the establishment of productive relationships/ partnerships and engagement of key stakeholders/ partners to support the absolute delivery of all company initiatives.
The role holder provides strategic corporate communications and management expertise to the Corporate Communications Department and all of company initiatives and teams by ensuring incorporation of strategic direction and business objectives in the development and implementation of all Marcom’s plans and efforts.
Strategy and Leadership
- Translate company vision/ strategy into business objectives strategically consistent across all initiatives.
- Keep abreast of global developments in the field Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) and associated events in order to build potential partnerships to incorporate best practices into the delivery of company STI objectives.
- Provide leadership, management expertise, supervise implementation and own overall delivery responsibility of all sanctioned STI initiatives (festival, science center, outreach, innovation support, innovation commercialization, etc…), ensuring the strategic direction/objectives are incorporated, maintained and work is planned and delivered to achieve the same.
- Advocate excellence and quality by evaluating all implemented STI initiatives with a view to continually improve methods / techniques, introduce / incorporate new ideas, host traveling exhibitions and partner with peer partners to plan new ones.
Relationship Management & Engagement
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement and fostering relationships with key enablers for all STI initiatives marked by open communication and responsiveness to issues affecting the strategic direction and operating viability of all STI initiatives.
- Lead the benchmarking activities and the awarding of partnership contracts to key international partners for the local implementation for all STI initiatives.
Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Providing strategic guidance to enable development of effective / optimal sponsorship strategy & packages whilst ensuring they are kept up to date on a yearly basis.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with key stakeholders (including the Board) in order to leverage its members’ strengths and bring forth their best ideas, efforts, resources and contacts to be incorporated or used in all STI initiatives.
- Lead all fund raising activities by building and maintaining close ties with external partners important to the current and future feasibility of all STI initiatives including officials, government agencies, businesses, communities, etc. based on the short / long term needs in the context of STI’s goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight in the creation of an optimized and integrated MarComm plan for all STI initiatives.
- Oversee implementation and ensure key quality controls measures are incorporated into the delivery of the integrated MarComm plan and its associated activities: (positioning, advertising, below the line activities, sponsorships, events, stakeholder engagement, media relations, through leadership and positioning, internal communications, crisis communications, and reputation management)
- Actively participate in the finalization and implementation of key / high impact MarComm activities such as finalizing and approving public communications, press releases, key messages, etc…
- Encourage the team and foster an environment where the team is able to suggest and develop new, creative and compelling ways/techniques to promote company’s initiatives to the segmented target audiences and increase the appeal of science and technology in the local community.
- 12+ years of experience with at least 8 years in a leadership role.
- 5 years of experience in leading a function & managing a medium team
- Solid experience in creating, influencing and implementing corporate strategies.
- Excellent skills in managing a portfolio of complex, content oriented projects
- Solid supervisory experience in leading (at the least) a medium sized team.
- Excellent skills in managing a portfolio of complex projects.
- Familiarity with the local culture.
- Excellent Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent presentation ability
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent Networking skills (stakeholder engagement ) and interpersonal ability
- Collaborative and cooperative personality with the ability to maintain the support and enthusiasm of a highly skilled staff and key stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with local, regional and national and educational organizations, the public, donors, governmental agencies and officials that provide funding, civic groups, schools, visitors, volunteers, and other constituencies.