Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
A Head Nurse of the Maternity Unit is a Registered Midwife whose competencies, qualifications, registration and/ or license are recognized by the local regulatory authority for registration. She functions in accordance with legislative and hospital policies and guidelines relevant to midwifery practise and assumes responsibility and accountability for her own actions and clinical decision making.
- Bachelor or Diploma Degree in Nursing (duration of study not less than three years) from a recognised western institution
- Post Graduate Degree in Nursing Management/Advanced Clinical Specialty desirable
- Current/Valid nursing license.
- 5 years demonstrated incremental leadership and management experience.
- Specialist training/experience, e.g. neonatal or pediatric intensive care nursing, where necessary.