Head of Marketing Communications
Marketing and Communications Head is responsible for development and adherence to the strategic direction of the Marketing and Communications function of the Nation Hospital (NH) and ultimately responsible for the overall management of the Marketing & Communications Department. The position will take the initiative in actively promoting the image and reputation of the hospital and individual departments through the use of sound marketing techniques that creates and maintains the NH brand.
Marketing and Communications Head is responsible for planning and executing marketing initiatives increasing organizational awareness and managing external marketing partners and vendors. Through analyzing data and estimating demand for services, the postholder also identifies potential markets and devises plans to deliver the appropriate message.
- Responsible for the achievement of the marketing/communications mission, goals and financial objectives
- Liaises with health authorities in Abu Dhabi responsible for health tourism and other governmental departments to ensure favourable positioning for NH
- Continuously improves communications and relationships with external media channels to present NH as a European leading healthcare facility and as the preferred healthcare provider in Abu Dhabi and the UAE
- Manages an effective and efficient Marketing and Communications Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, policies, competencies and values are developed.
- Develops the hospital’s long term marketing and communications strategy in collaboration with hospital management and the client.
- Creates a hospital marketing and communications strategy and performs regular reviews and updates
- Develops short- and long-term plans and budgets for marketing/communications programmes, monitors progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Executes the annual Marketing & Communications Plan within the agreed budget and ensures achievement of targeted marketing outcomes.
- Implements evaluation systems related to marketing goals and performance such as marketing metrics and Key Performance Indicators, develops and uses marketing dashboards to demonstrate and manage marketing performance
- Initiate and monitors the research of marketing data such as local demand of medical services, target groups, attitudes, etc.
- Researches, recommends, manages and takes charge of healthcare and other relevant exibitions, conferences and CSR activies (such as Arab Health, medical conferences etc) ensuring a positive image of Nation Hospital is portrayed at all times.
- Ensures that no opportunity is lost in the promotion of the Nation Hospital Brand both locally and internationally as identified in the Medium Term Strategic Plan.
- Develops and manages all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution such as hospital brochures, flyers about services, programs and other printed materials
- Arranges the design, implementation and update of the hospital web site and uses social media / networking sites, mobile advertising, and text messaging as appropriate.
- Works with the Director, Information Technology for the development and maintenance of the Nation Hospital’s Intranet & hospital wide messaging service, ensuring that all relevant information of interest to the staff of Nation Hospital is released in a timely fashion.
- Assists and supports the Chief Executive Officer with regard to press releases, business related speeches, meetings with HAAD and other government / private institutions
- Works with physicians and heads of departments to manage regular marketing activities such as articles in newspapers, social media, medical events, radio / television interviews, regular meetings with physicians, speeches, courses and seminars on health issues
- Provides tutorials to management and staff on their roles in marketing and communications the hospital in-house and outside
- Ensures the monitoring of competitors and their activities in the local healthcare market, prepares and maintains a database on current and potential competitors
- Produces monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and year-end marketing and communications reports including ad hoc and special reports on request
- Produces the annual budget for Marketing & Communications Department and manages the approved budget to ensure its achievement or betterment
- Overviews the performance against the budgets and produces reports on variances to the Chief Operating Officer
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described, directly or through delegation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or equivalent discipline from an approved educational institution.
- Master’s Degree / MBA (Marketing major) preferable
- Previous executive management experience in marketing & communications within the healthcare industry is mandatory
- Minimum Eight (8) years marketing experience within a acute general hospital or similar healthcare facility or organisation of which three (3) years should be in a managerial role
- Knowledge of hospital operations, workflows, and healthcare issues is required
- Fluent in written and oral Arabic and English is a must.
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.