Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Filipina – Home Care Registered Nurse – HAAD License Holder/Passer; NCLEX Passer; DHA License Holder
As a Home Care Registered Nurse, you will visit multiple patients’ homes each day and provide them with a full range of personalized care, which may include such items as instruction on chronic disease management and medication, pain management, wound care, IV infusion, and postoperative instruction. Part of your job is to work with patients and provide the tools they need to ensure their own recovery.
Your specific duties as a Home Care Registered Nurse will include:
- Making the initial evaluation visit as applicable and re-evaluating each patient’s nursing needs on a regular basis.
- Providing nursing services, treatments and diagnostic procedures requiring specialized skills and assuming full responsibility for each of your patients.
- Participating in in-service programs, as well as training, and teaching other nursing personnel.
- Developing and implementing the treatment plan for each patient under the direction of their physician.
- Observing and reporting symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
- Initiating preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety. Ensure patient safety and security.
- Maintaining clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care and providing progress reports to their physician
- Coordinating services for patients as needed to other agencies and health care providers as appropriate.
- Counseling the patient and their family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Providing supervision of home health aide services and preparing written instructions for care provided by home health aides.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient and agency matters.
- Submitting required documentation in a timely manner.
- Participating in surveys, studies and special projects as assigned.
- Maintaining accurate time records.
- In addition to schedule hours, participating in weekend/holiday call schedule.
- Observing agency’s attendance requirements and dress code.
- Conserving agency resources and adequately maintaining agency property, supplies, and equipment.
- Adhering to all agencies polices, including but not limited to, infection control and safety, education, reporting and practice implementation.
As a Home Care Registered Nurse, you must be dependable, professional, and energetic with a positive and empathetic personality. You will also need to have strong organizational, assessment, and problem solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact well with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- 1-3 years of nursing experience; home care experience, preferred
- Experience in Medical/Surgical, ER, or ICU experience, a plus
- Solid supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and able to interact positively with the rest of the staff.
- Strong sense of initiative and urgency in addressing unexpected patient crises
- Self-directed, able to work without presence of immediate supervisor.
- Commitment to regulatory compliance and to submitting all documentation in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding exposure to body fluids and chemicals, as well as to some hazardous equipment.
- Ability to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual requests
- Evidence of adequate health status to perform duties
- Possess excellent computer skills