The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for providing reasonable assurance to the Audit Committee and Management that CCAD’s IT internal controls promote efficiency and reduce the risk of loss, as well as help ensure the reliability of financial statements and compliance with laws and regulations. Assisting in risk assessing the Technology and IT activities and performing Technology/IT audits and supporting operational audit teams with Integrated Systems segments of operational audits. Providing appropriate support and direction to CCAD’s functions on risks, controls and compliance matters relating to the design, development and management of technology and IT including IT general controls (operations, maintenance, change management and back-up and recovery), IT security, IT asset management, application configuration, reporting and access and special projects.
- Creating and reviewing IT risk registers and process flow charts
- Identifying, updating and reviewing key IT controls
- Developing, updating and reviewing IT Audit Guides and IT audit tests to be performed on key IT controls to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of audit assignments
- Formal weekly updates to the operating management team,
- Weekly report drafts progressively agreed with management throughout the audit, and
- The collaborative development of practical cost-effective management action plans.
- Provide IT support to the general auditors.
- Assist with delivery on all operational internal audit engagements by providing IT oversight, risk identification and prioritization.
- Conduct detailed testing of key controls (IT and operational).
- Supervision of external consultants, where applicable.
- Budgets and Plans
- Assist with departmental management activities such as, but not limited to, annual budget, continuous improvement (e.g. Audit Manual), risk based departmental audit planning, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of CCAD Internal Audit Manual reflecting IT policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA) requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service.
- Assist in maintaining a professional and independent IT audit function, ensuring adherence to CCAD IT audit policies and internationally accepted IT auditing standards.
- Write internal IT audit findings and assist in the writing of IT reports that are clear, concise, focused on the areas of greatest risk and structured to facilitate rapid understanding by the most senior executives and directors in CCAD. This includes practical and cost effective management action plans agreed with operating management.
- Monitor report and oversee the monitoring and reporting of the progress of implementation of agreed IT action plans by CCAD.
- Performance Management and Team Development
- Minimum of five years of experience in IT audit. Healthcare sector experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, relationship building, problem solving and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, Arabic preferred.
- Experience with CAATs, general IT audit skills and systems savvy is required.
- Experience with IT application and general control audits
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Audit risk assessment and audit planning experience
- Flowcharting and process mapping and (key) controls identification experience
- Developing IT control policies and procedures
- Experienced in an operating company, preferred
- A university degree, preferably in Business or Computer Science.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.