Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Maintaining confidentiality with regards to any health information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with facility policy. Performing other duties as assigned by management
Responsible for reviewing, abstracting and analyzing clinical information from medical records and relevant documents, translating the information into diagnostic and procedure codes in accordance with the clinical coding system followed by Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
- Ensuring accurate coding and sequencing of diagnosis and procedure codes as specified by established coding principles and guidelines of Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
- Reviewing and analyzing patient medical records to ensure all applicable patient data is available for coding and abstracting pertinent information from patient records and assigning the relevant codes.
- Validating that encoded information is reported with most accurate information as per the regulatory requirements.
- Querying physicians when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Contacting other departments/sections or clinic for obtaining additional documentation to complete coding.
- Assisting with the education, training, auditing and feedback processes with physicians, nurses, hospital management and other related parties as necessary.
- Staying current with clinical coding knowledge through publications, seminars, workshops, continuing education programs and other changes in the insurance industry.
- Demonstrating customer focus when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Maintaining positive working relationships within the department/section and between various facility departments/sections.
- Performing denial analysis and ensure resubmission process is met by review of assigned codes and providing coding expertise.
- Able to appeal for resubmission and defend claims based evidence of coding standards.
- Bachelor Degree in Health Sciences or in other relevant field.
- Good understanding UAE healthcare insurance RCM.
- Certifications – Any recognized coding certification such as Certified Coding Associate (CCA),
- ertified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or other HIM Certification such as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Health Information Management (CHIM), etc.
- 2 -4 years of experience in Clinical Coding preferably in ICD 10 CM & CPT
- Previous Coding experience in a Healthcare facility with knowledge of DRG / APC, billing and Statistics.
- Coding knowledge on multi-specialty.
- Perform inpatient and outpatient coding.