Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Medical Director (Maternity Hospital)
The post holder will be responsible for providing strong leadership of the Medical & Surgical Division and for facilitating high standards of medical/ clinical/ surgical care in all areas of the hospital. The post holder will work as a key member of the executive management team and board member. The post consists of the following key elements:
- Improving the quality and patient experience of treatment and care.
- Strengthening the medical/ surgical/ clinical contribution to service planning and delivery.
- Working with colleagues within the organisation to improve models of treatment and care for specific patient groups.
- Directing and leading Medical, Clinical and Surgical Services.
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in a manner which assures the safety of patients, general public, other staff and self.
- Adhere to in-country legal and security policies throughout the course of employment.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Lead by example in practicing the highest standards of conduct in accordance with the appropriate Professional Code of Conduct.
- Actively participates in upholding and promoting the vision and culture of the hospital.
- Develop and foster excellent working relations with other healthcare Institutions and referral Centres.
- Provide leadership to staff within the medical services department and establish appropriate network and systems in general terms promoting a culture which encourages professional learning and development.
- Promote multi-professional development and multi-disciplinary team working.
- Provide professional advice to the Executive team/ CEO as required.
- Provide appropriate professional advice and input into workforce planning and development processes.
- Work closely with relevant providers in respect of care pathway development, standards and educational outputs.
- Advocate and facilitate implementation of workforce reform programmes which impact doctors, including new professional roles, contributions and relationships.
- Contribute to planning, policy and decision making processes as a member of the senior management team and ensure the Organisations objectives and decisions are effectively communicated.
- Participate in and comply with the Organisations requirements in respect of policy and strategy development.
- Ensure that appropriate appraisal and performance review processes are in place for all staff.
- Maintain good staff relationships and morale amongst the staff reporting to him/her.
- Where appropriate, review the organisational plan and establishment levels and ensure that each is consistent with achieving objectives and recommend change where appropriate.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her in accordance with procedures laid down by the organisation.
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down by the organisation.
- MD and ideally Fellow or equivalent qualification.
- Post Graduate Business/ Management qualification (e.g. MBA, MSc).
- Evidence of continued Professional Development.
- A minimum of five years experience in a senior medical management role in a complex healthcare facility.
- Demonstrate having led change management processes which have demonstrably improved standards and quality levels.
- Experience in the management of staff.
- The appointee will demonstrate excellent leadership, managerial and administrative skills including:
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Have successfully demonstrated a high level of people management, governance and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead processes which demonstrate improvement in patient and user experience.
- The drive, energy and initiative to inspire and motivate a multi-disciplinary team.
- A passion for delivering highest quality services to patients and students.
- The cultural awareness, sensitivity and astuteness required to operate in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Track record of achievement with the ability to act decisively and meet challenging deadlines.