Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Diagnose and treats patients according to established standards of best practice in Neonatology. The Consultant’s’s clinical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to Neonatology services and the hospital.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff and referring doctors
- Leads ward rounds; reassesses both inpatients and outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required
- Ensures preparation of patients for all procedures including obtaining informed consent
- Maintains a good working relationship with members of staff and promotes collaboration and a team-based approach to patient care
- Performs other clinical responsibilities and privilages as assigned.