Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Manager – Child and Maternal Health for Al Jowhara Hospital is responsible for supervising and directing nursing practice, planning and evaluating the care of patients within assigned unit/specialty. Holds accountability for maintaining comprehensive, continuous and quality care for each patient/family at the designated unit. Promotes and restores patient’s health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
- Acts as a resource to subordinates, interpreting philosophy, goals, standards, policies and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates all patient care on the unit, including communication with physician.
- Coordinates and instruct shift in charge and assigned nurse in providing doctors with the relevant paperwork and information on the patients they are treating.
- Oversees that patients’ files are referred to billing and payment departments and that patients/family are informed.
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift and assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient’s condition and the employee’s skill level.
- Orders and suggests continuing education or remedial training and classes for unit staff when specific learning needs are identified.
- Empowers staff nurses and support their autonomy in applying evidence based practices at bed side.
- Teach staff and assure the implementation of effective admission/discharge planning in cooperation with admission staff.
- Coordinates the patient care with the other members of the health care team.
- Monitor and ensure that nursing documentation is following SOAP method, organized, compiled and stored as per nursing Medical Record policies and procedures.
- Keeps superiors informed regarding problems or issues in patient care
- Makes frequent rounds in the unit to evaluate and assure that all patients receive quality nursing and medical care.
- Communicates regularly with all subordinates face to face to monitor practice and promote trust.
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility of the unit.
- Ensures effective communication within the unit/department between nursing staff, patient and/or significant others along with inter and intra departmental personnel.
- Provides nursing standards and policies, and procedures regarding patients care to guide subordinates.
- Instructs and assures the implementation of new health care programs, and standards of patient care.
- Acts as staff members and patient advocate.
- Acts as liaison with the medical staff to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Serves as resource person to nursing personnel in assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating nursing care provided.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis. May administer oxygen, CPR, IVs, or medications.
- Provides leadership that enables professional decision making and effective team working.
- Communicates and describes to subordinates what is expected from them as staff members and as professionals.
- Cooperates and works as an active member of the multidisciplinary team and as a role model for the nursing personnel.
- Monitors compliance to multidisciplinary care guidelines and provides constructive comments to staff to develop and evaluate individualized plan of care.
- Makes daily rounds on patients at frequent intervals during the shift and anticipates, identifies potential/actual problems, and resolution of problems.
- Investigates patient’s reports complaints, problems and concerns and implements any changes required in relation to complaints.
- Plans adequate staffing cover for the unit as per recommended nurse-patient ratios and the unit scope of service and provides a balanced schedule.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in nursing.
- HAAD license
- Valid Nursing Licensure from the Country of Origin upon appointment
- Relevant Experience
- Clinical and Administrative Practice minimum of 3 years full time post registration nursing practice in NICU and Labour and Delivery
- 5 years at nursing management level in a tertiary hospital.
- Working knowledge of Performance Improvement Process and International Standards.
- Language: Excellent command of English language, Arabic is a plus.