Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The City Hospital is part of the EHL healthcare management company, the largest private healthcare provider in the UAE, comprising of 2 hospitals and 8 clinics. With a focus on meeting and exceeding international standards in healthcare, EHL is a joint venture between the listed South African private hospital group Mediclinic International; one of the largest private hospital groups in the world, the Dubai-based Varkey Group, and General Electric. These strategic alliances enable The City Hospital to be at the cutting edge of international medical practice.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and direction for the Nursing Department, including oversight and mentoring of Senior Nursing staff
- Participate as a part of the Senior Management Team, and contribute to the strategic planning of the Hospital
- Actively promote a positive image of the group and nursing as a profession
- Ensure that a system of Preceptorship is implemented, that plans are instigated, and that outcomes/developments are reviewed on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the clinical competence of nursing staff is regularly evaluated and monitored as per best practices
- Ensure that Succession Planning and staff development needs are identified and addressed according to agreed processes and systems
- Develop and oversee the implementation and maintenance of a system of continuous development for all staff within the Department
- Ensure that Patient Care is rendered following the guidelines of the International Patient Safety Goals, evidence based practice and clinical pathways; and ensure that patient rights are adhered to
- Ensure that EHL standards (policies and procedures) are adhered to
- Oversee the formulation of budgets according to operational requirements, and ensure that the capital, operational and personnel budgets of allocated units and wards are managed
- Ensure that outcomes of the different supportive service departments are reviewed through liaison with appropriate management staff
- Create, promote and encourage a positive work environment, with a focus on a team approach, in all areas of the Hospital.