Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Is responsible for the identification, sourcing, licensing and onboarding of suitable Nursing, and designated non-nursing, candidates
- Tracks, updates, and audits the Nursing and other staff recruitment according to the Headcount Budget and the priorities of the Hospital.
- Ensures that accurate and updated job descriptions are in place for each new/replacement role.
- Prepares notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Identifies both traditional and non-traditional candidate attraction methods, recommends candidate attraction strategies, and tracks the success of the different strategies.
- Provides advice/recommendations to line managers and the HR Manager on the management of recruitment issues.
- Leads or participates in applicant interviews (dependent on level).
- Schedules and organizes interviews.
- Pre-screens candidates and provides feedback to the relevant line managers.
- Ensures that all licensing documents are sourced in a timely manner, and that licensing is conducted quickly and efficiently.
- Conducts reference checks, as per Hospital practice, on shortlisted candidates and successful candidates.
- Assists the HR Manager in the preparation, development and implementation of procedures and policies related to staff recruitment
- Provides the HR Officer and the Payroll Coordinator with information relating to new employees and prepares payroll information for new and current staff as required.
- Tracks, monitors, analyses and reports on spending related to areas of responsibility, and recommends methods for reducing costs.
- Performs functions related to employee compensation including: processing requests for various benefits-related matters.
- Provides advice or information relating to processes, policies, and best practice to managers and non-managers within the organization and actively upholds and promotes compliance to HR policy and procedures.
- Assists the HR Manager in processing employee movements e.g. transfers, promotions, terminations.
- Oversees the DHCC licensing process for renewals relating to areas of responsibility.
- Provides assistance and support to the HR Officers as required.
- Works closely with the Government Relations Officer to ensure that all necessary visa related processes for staff are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and may conduct new employee orientation as required.
- Ensures that joining formalities are carried out for all newly hired employees.
- Works on special projects as designated by the HR Manager.
Education, Experience and Training
- Tertiary educational qualifications in Human Resources / Personnel, Healthcare Administration, or a related relevant field.
- Minimum of five years nursing recruitment experience.
- Leadership experience within the HR environment.
- Experience within a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Previous experience working within a multicultural workplace is essential.
- UAE experience is preferred.
2. Skills Required by the Job
- Ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, and from different cultural backgrounds, of the organisation.
- Ability to critically evaluate recruitment issues/challenges and develop solutions.
- Ability to provide leadership in a recruitment role.
- Demonstrated skills in managing recruitment and employee issues taking into account cultural and political sensitivities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage/control Recruitment costs.
- An understanding of UAE Labour Law would be an asset
- Equally comfortable working independently or closely within a team.
- Confident and able to make decisions independently when appropriate.
- High level skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent reporting and tracking skills in recruitment processes.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Arabic language skills would be an advantage.