Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The role of the Oncology Staff Nurse, encompasses performing a variety of specialized and routine activities in the Oncology Department including but not limited to providing direct patient care and coordinates patient care-related activities using the nursing process, administering chemotherapy and biotherapy and blood products, managing patients before, during and after procedures, administering medications, maintaining patient’s records, counseling and educating patients and their families and performing emergency treatment as needed. Nursing care given to pediatric, adolescent, and adult patient population.
- Provide advanced professional and specialized nursing consultation to patients, nurses and other health team members.
- Develops measurable goals oncology department. Implement and evaluates new and creative approaches to meeting goals.
- Ensures adequate supply of materials at the Oncology Department.
- Coordinate work of oncology department to ensure efficient function of unit. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Attend tumor board meetings.
- Administers chemotherapy according to departmental standards of care and practice.
- Identifies and responds to urgent/emergency situations appropriately and directs team members in a calm, proficient manner.
- Answering patient calls and responds to patients needs.
- Follow up on patients diagnostic tests and coordinate with physician for informing patients about their results, treatment, or if a follow up is needed with physician.
- Applicant must hold current National License.
- 3-4 year General Nursing Diploma/Degree.
- Minimum 4 years nursing care, with at least two years in specialization /experience in Oncology/Hematology.
- BLS certification.
- Chemotherapy Administration Certification preferable.
- DHA License desirable.