Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
To perform pulmonary function testing, under the supervision of a licensed physician, for diagnosis and measurement of lung capacity, and to perform respiratory therapy to treat diseases such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma, cystic fibrosis, and pneumonia.
- Ensure Pulmonary Function services are rendered following the guidelines of the International Patient Safety Goals.
- Conduct pulmonary function tests (spirometry with reversibility studies, lung volume and gas transfer study) is mandatory
- Conduct Polysomnography tests.
- Identify and prevent medico-legal risks with regards to the Pulmonary Function procedures
- Perform responsibilities as stipulated in the Scope of Practice
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the department and the Hospital.
- Check data / results / documentation / resources for accuracy and completeness.
- Contribute towards Quality Improvement and Infection Control Standards as per the policies of the hospital.
- Participate in continuous professional development.
- Ensure the delivery of a high standard of patient care.
- A Bachelors degree in a respiratory therapy program from an accredited educational institution, college or university
- A minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience working as a Pulmonary Function Technologist
- A current license, and registration, or certificate to practice as a Pulmonary Function Technologist from country of origin (as applicable) and country of education
- Current registration with NBRC or CSRT as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Successful completion of the national board exams in country of training
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Specialised Skills/Abilities/Experience Required
- Demonstrated competence in all Pulmonary Function procedures and Sleep Medicine techniques and studies.
- Experience in conducting pulmonary function tests (spirometry with reversibility studies, lung volume and gas transfer study) is mandatory
- Ability to communicate calmly and effectively with patients
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English; Arabic would be an advantage
- Must be organized and understand processes and procedures
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage own workload.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Good interpersonal skills