Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Basic Medical Degree recognized by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Completion of a recognized higher professional education program.
- Certification of higher professional education recognized by the Dubai Healthcare City: MRCP plus CCST in neurology, or American Board Certification, or FRCPC, or FRACP, or Arab Board Certification, or Equivalent recognized.
- Minimum of ten years experience since gaining higher qualification.
- Minimum of five years Consultant experience in Radiology and diagnostic imaging in a Western hospital setting is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of radiology and diagnostic imaging, including excellence in magnetic resonance imaging, computerised tomography and ultrasound in both adult and pediatric patients
- Special interest, training and expertise in Interventional Radiology is acceptable and complementary to the hospital.
- Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital.
- Provides radiology and diagnostic imaging services to referred patients, to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgment at all times and in accordance with City Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participates in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff and staff of the Radiology Department.
- Participates in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
- Conducts clinical audit in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the radiology and diagnostic imaging service and the hospital.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the radiology and diagnostic imaging service and the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of radiology and diagnostic imaging.
- Provides comprehensive management oversight of all administrative aspects of the Department of Radiology. Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging.
- This responsibility may be shared with other specialists/consultants in radiology and diagnostic imaging in the hospital.
- The post holder is also responsible for the organisation and management of the Radiology Department of City Hospital.
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors.