Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Responsible for rendering professional nursing care to patients within an assigned unit of the hospital, such nursing care is an integral part of the patient care plan, working in conjunction with the medical staff and according to policies and procedures of the hospital. This is in keeping with the accepted principles of professional nursing practice.
- Establishes priorities of care, nursing actions and desired outcomes in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge of contemporary Nursing practices.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, interacts effectively with patients, visitors and other staff Ensures annual competencies are current.
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Keeps own knowledge/skills updated.
- Attends meetings pertinent to department.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures.
- Holds BLS and other advanced life support courses as required by the area of practice.
- Maintains a professional demeanor.
- Maintains professional license as required by HAAD and country of origin.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability for job performance.
- Maintains an effective rapport with patients, visitors, physicians, subordinates and others.
- Good judgment and analytical ability in preparing work for review.
- Promotes confidentiality and uses complete discretion when discussing information.
- Creates calm that promotes productivity and a positive corporate image, utilizing good
public relation skills. Kind and polite.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members to provide continuous service to the organization.
- Ability to express self in the areas of communication verbal, written, non-verbal).
- Demonstrates knowledge of current computer system used in the organization.
- Demonstrates effective delegation skills and completes assignments accurately and on time.