Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Performs respiratory care procedures as per established policy and procedures, i.e. if required under the direction of a respiratory therapist, doctor or nurse.
- Assumes responsibility for operating autonomously, utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Monitors patient responses and modifies therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and in consultation with physicians
- Reads and evaluates physicians’ orders. Applies mechanical ventilator support of patients and monitors patient’s response
- Modifies ventilator management to meet patient needs, based on clinical assessment, physiologic monitoring, and laboratory data and in consultation with the physician
- Participates in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary diseases
- Assists the physician and Code Team in cardiac / respiratory arrest situations as request
- Provides advanced emergency airway care according to approved protocol
- Assists with pulmonary diagnostic procedures as required
- Provides user-maintenance and troubleshooting of Respiratory Care equipment
- Assesses and orders appropriate materials/equipment as per established guidelines.
- Highlights any maintenance requirements or breakdowns to senior staff and is responsible for ensuring the repair of defected equipment
- Ensures that, written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with established guidelines
Bsc degree in respiratory therapy from an accredited program or equivalent
b. graduate of an accredited program leading to registration as a respiratory
therapist by the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (C.S.R.T) or the
National Board for Respiratory Care ( USA) as registered respiratory therapist
- AND Current National License.
- AND Current BLS Certification
- AND Current ACLS or PALS Certification
NLT 2 years as a respiratory therapist.