The Senior Auditor assists the team in providing reasonable assurance to the Audit Committee and Management that CCAD’s internal controls promote efficiency and reduce the risk of loss, as well as help ensure the reliability of financial statements and compliance with laws and regulations. To achieve this, the Senior Auditor will support the Audit Director in creating and maintaining an effective Internal Audit function in the achievement of the annual risk based audit plan of activities.
- Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Assist with the implementation and development of CCAD Audit Manual reflecting policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the Internal Audit department activity so that all relevant Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA) requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Assist in maintaining a professional and independent audit function, ensuring adherence to Mubadala audit policies and internationally accepted internal auditing standards.
- Execution of internal audits
- Conduct audits to ensure all audit assignments are timely executed and focused on the key control risks and real causes
- Creating risk registers and process flow charts
- Identifying, updating key controls
- Developing, updating audit tests to be performed on key controls to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of audit assignments
- Weekly report drafts progressively agreed with management throughout the audit, and Report the audit findings
- Track and report implementation progress
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of the progress of implementation of agreed action plans by CCAD.
- Budget and Plans
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience is required; experience in Healthcare sector is preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, relationship building, problem solving and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, Arabic a plus.
- Experience with CAATs, general IT audit skills and systems savvy highly valued
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- UAE National preferred
- A university degree, preferably in business, engineering or law
- An internationally recognized accounting qualification, preferably a Chartered Accountant.