Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
This position is responsible for providing frontline support, system expertise, consultation, training, problem solving, and issue resolution to clinicians on software systems’ used to directly and indirectly care for patients. In addition, this position collaborates with Medical and Clinical Operations leadership to facilitate and coordinate optimal adoption and use of the EMR and other clinical systems.
Please visit our You Tube Channel to view the video job description for
Patient Access Representatives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afi9Lvj5x-c
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves and maintains proficiency in electronic medical record and other clinical applications
- Serves as a primary contact for electronic medical record and other clinical systems related issues
- Learns and understands the workflows of the departments for which providing primary support, and how the workflows integrate with the electronic medical record and other clinical systems
- Provides on-site end-user support for technical and workflow issues, new functionality implementation, and system upgrades for the electronic medical record and other clinical systems
- Collects and analyzes data to enhance user efficiency and effectiveness
- Evaluates basic inquiries pertaining to the functional operation of the EMR and other related system implementations and upgrades
- Accountable to resolve end user issues, including escalating issue to higher levels of support, when appropriate, and tracking to ensure issue is resolved
- Participates in on-going optimization (clinical workflow, order sets, clinical decision support, care pathways, reports, etc.) based upon end user feedback
- Escalate optimization needs/requests and software issues to the informatics/technical team in a time sensitive manner
- Participates in training system users, enhancing the skills of existing users, and communicating application enhancements or new functionality via coaching, providing system demos, developing job aides, delivering 1:1 training and/or assisting in classroom training
- Provides system and process knowledge during scheduled and unscheduled downtimes, to ensure downtime and recovery workflows are followed, and the system is working as designed after the downtime Rotation of after-hours emergency support
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of patient care setting, clinical practice and clinical workflows within an EMR and other clinical applications required
- 2-3 years of experience providing system support to clinical staff, or two to three years of experience working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic medical record.
- 2-3 years of proven knowledge of clinical workflows and track record of providing excellent support to clinical staff.
- 3-5 years prior experience providing application support may be accepted in lieu of clinical background.
- Experience with clinical information systems required
- Experience in education/training or human resources development preferred
- Proficiency in personal computer-based productivity tools.
- Ability to be an outside-of-the-box thinker / problem solver.
- Ability to work with and communicate with a diverse work force in all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong Analytical ability and decisive judgment skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and timelines