Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Supervisor Respiratory Therapy
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in respiratory therapy or a 3 year diploma from an approved Respiratory Care program
- Responsible for supervising staff and assessing patient’s needs, establishing intervention strategies to meet identified respiratory therapy needs and as designated in approved staff competency privileges.
- Assisting in the development of a strategic vision for the section/department and produce a report for the facility on the service developments and future plans
- Developing and promoting medical management services that improve patient outcomes – including responsibility for the development of medical management policies, protocols, initiatives and guidance and implementation of statutory documents.
- Monitor response to identified issues and facilitate resolution through the relevant organizations as required
- Monitoring the department service areas’ performance as well as staff performance
- Practicing accountability and follow up with fellow workers
- Working with and lead assigned team/service to provide an efficient and effective service and to be involved in the proposal/development and implementation of department policies and the annual business plan
- Overseeing the daily activities associated with all services offered by the department and preparation or other key job responsibilities
- Providing support and assistance to all department staff. Provide coaching whenever needed
- Participating in the initiation and implementation of department wide projects
- Recommend service expansion or enhancement in line with the overall vision of the department/facility
- Conducting regular service area meetings
- Assisting manager/head in budgeting, acquisition and testing of new equipment. Setting up and testing of new equipment
- Supervising the wastage of materials by appropriate stock rotation, just in time ordering and by ensuring good laboratory technique by staff in the laboratories
- Assisting in managing department employees including objective setting, annual leave, supervision and reflective practice
- Assisting in recruiting, inducting, training and appraising staff in accordance with SEHA and facility policies and procedures
- Representing the service and/or individual patients at a multi-disciplinary level to ensure delivery of coordinated multi-disciplinary service, if requested to do so.
- Receiving delegation of tasks and responsibilities whenever necessary, taking responsibility for operational management of the department in manager’s absence, allocating and organizing the work of professional and assistant staff to meet service priorities on a daily basis
- Ensuring close collaboration while working with other senior staff as appropriate
- Performs respiratory care procedures, independently, at a high level of competency and according to established policies and procedures
- Monitors patient responses and modifies therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and in consultation with physicians
- Assists with pulmonary diagnostic procedures as required
- Identifies opportunities to improve the Respiratory service in order to provide the best patient care within resources available and make recommendations for change
- Supervises all equipment and devices usage by other staff members and flags any misuse or mishandling
- Assumes responsibility for equipment and devices used in the department
- Masters all skills expected to be demonstrated, and all tasks expected to be performed, by more junior respiratory staff
- Promoting and maintaining quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place. Conduct method evaluation/development as per standard policies and procedures
- Supervising compliance with all safety and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
- Maintaining and assisting in enforcing the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Minimum of 6 years of post-registry clinical experience and 3 years in a Supervisory role.
- UAE National Minimum of 3 years of post-registry clinical experience and 1 year in a Supervisory role or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in respiratory therapy or a 3 year diploma from an approved Respiratory Care program,
- AND Current National License
- AND Must have current standing with BLS ACLS &/or PALS relevant to area of specialty
- Master’s in related clinical field or other Healthcare field or management or administration field
- Registered Respiratory Therapist from recognized professional credentialing agency (National Board for Respiratory Therapy or Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists).
- Current CPR
- Registered Respiratory Therapists from a recognized professional credentialing agency (Natioal Board for Respiratory Therapy or Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi