Top 10 things that cause cancer
There are many things that may cause cancer. Though, the fundamental cause of cancer is damaged or faulty genes. Scientists believe that it is the interaction of many food items that causes cancer.
- Lifestyle: Smoking, high-fat diet, working very close to toxic chemicals are few factors which can cause cancer. Most people, when young, are exposed to these factors for a very long time.
- Family history: Family history, genetics, and inheritance may play a vital role in some childhood cancers.
- Some genetic disorders: The immune system is a complex system that functions to protect our bodies from infection and disease. The bone marrow produces cells that later mature and function as part of the immune system. One theory suggests that the cells in the bone marrow, the stem cells, become damaged or defective, so when they reproduce to make more cells, they make abnormal cells or cancer cells. The cause of the defect in the stem cells could be related to an inherited genetic defect or exposure to a virus or toxin.
- Environmental exposures. Pesticides, fertilizers, and power lines have been researched for a direct link to childhood cancers.
- Air fresheners: Often contain napthelene and formaldehyde. Try zeolite or natural fragrances from essential oils.
- Automotive supplies: Most are toxic. Keep them safely away from the house and dispose of at a hazardous waste disposal center.
- Sun and UV exposure: UV radiation can also be a cause of skin cancer.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is both a symptom of pancreatic cancer, and long-standing adult-onset diabetes also increases the risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Air Pollution: Air pollution generated by traffic, coal, and wood can also be responsible for lung cancer.