Corniche Hospital is currently recruiting an Information Technology Director to manage the day-to-day facility IT operations working within the larger SEHA system and implementing sytem wide IT strategies, solutions and policies. Corniche Hospital’s Information Technology Director will work in a matrix environment reporting to the facility Chief Operations Officer and to the Chief Information Officer for the SEHA system.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation and management of the all IT services at the facility.
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing staff as to maintain the highest level of performance and job satisfaction, engendering a culture of Service Excellence, teamwork, transparency, respect and excellent communication.
- Ensuring that the highest level of service is being provided to facility end-users.
- Overseeing resolution of problems related to information systems management.
- Leading the adoption of IT systems, policies and procedures throughout the facility.
- Optimization of current resources to ensure achievement of SEHA and facility Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Leading hospital based proposals and contracts for purchases of IT products and services in coordinate with SEHA.
- Proactively identifying technology driven improvement opportunities and implementing relevant project management, application implementation/ development methodologies and tools.
- Ensuring that services provided and access to is in compliance with all aspects of risk, in line with local policies and procedures, SEHA and JCIA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science, or a relevant field OR Diploma in relevant field with 3 years of additional experience.
- Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a relevant field preferred.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience of which minimum 5 years progressive leadership responsibility in a hospital setting.
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skillsfor internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously and move them all towards resolution.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Strong service orientation with ability to influence others and collaborate cross functionally in a profession manner continuously being thoughtful of cultural sensitivities .
- Maintaining compliance with relevant laws, regulatory requirements, and facility and system polices.