The Group Clinic Medical Director is either practicing or non-practicing physician working in conjunction with the Regional Clinic Director to oversee the Clinics and is primarily responsible for providing clinical leadership to the clinical staff within the Unit. Leadership responsibilities of this role include risk management, standard adherence, and other administrative duties including physician privileging and involvement in clinical recruitment.
- Responsible for providing clinical leadership to the clinical staff within the Unit.
- Leadership responsibilities of this role include risk management, standard adherence, and other administrative duties including physician privileging and involvement in clinical recruitment.
- Provide strategic medical leadership and advice to the Business Leadership Team.
- Leading the formation and implementation of clinical strategy.
- Taking a lead on clinical standards and provide clinical advice to the Leadership team.
- Ensure the highest level of clinical care is maintained and that robust clinical governance systems are in place whilst ensuring that the clinical workforce is deployed to best effect.
- Support the development, review and refinement of clinical protocols to establish and maintain appropriate quality assurance mechanisms and effective processes of Clinical Governance.
- Providing translation, assessing the mood and, crucially, creating alignment between the organisation and physicians.
- Works in close partnership with the Director of Nursing Care in relation to Healthcare Governance, leadership and championing of the Quality Strategy and in delivery of continuous quality improvement in providing safe and effective patient centred services across the healthcare system.
- Contribute to the development of a cost improvement programme.
- Relevant Medical Qualification (M.B.B.S) or equivalent.
- Significant evidence of continued professional development.
- Relevant Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior managerial role, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of quality standards.
- Knowledge of Electronic Hospital / Clinic Systems.
- Computer Literacy.
- Fluent in English (speak, read, write)