Diagnose and treats patients according to established standards of best practice in Neonatology. The Consultant’s’s clinical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to Neonatology services and the hospital.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff and referring doctors
- Leads ward rounds; reassesses both inpatients and outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required
- Ensures preparation of patients for all procedures including obtaining informed consent
- Maintains a good working relationship with members of staff and promotes collaboration and a team-based approach to patient care
- Performs other clinical responsibilities and privilages as assigned.